The publisher of the Web site is Veolia Environnement SA, a French limited company (Société Anonyme) registered in the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under no. 433 466 570, whose registered office is at 21, rue la Boétie - 75008 Paris, France (hereinafter "the Publisher" or "Veolia").
The terms and conditions for processing data collected through contact form(s) are set out in the Information Notice of the form(s).
The Policy may be modified at any time by Veolia, in particular in order to comply with any regulatory, legal, editorial or technical developments.
Identification of the controller
The controller of the User's personal data is Veolia Environnement SA.
Description of the data processing
Within the framework of the operation of the Site, the Publisher may collect and process personal data in order to allow the User to access the features and services offered by the Site (hereinafter the "Services").
1) What categories of data are collected?
- Contact data: refers to the mandatory data that the User fills in when filling in the contact form(s), namely: first name, email address.
- Data voluntarily published by the User: refers to the personal data that the User voluntarily communicates to the Editor by filling in the free text zones provided for this purpose in the webform(s), namely "Subject of the request" and "Message". The Publisher strongly recommends to the User to avoid any communication of personal data via these text boxes or in any case to limit this communication to what is strictly necessary to process the User's request.
All such data is hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Data".
2) Why does the Publisher collect User Data?
Data is collected for the following purposes:
- To enable subscription to a bi-monthly newsletter via the dedicated form;
- Gather ideas by allowing Users to submit article suggestions via the dedicated form;
- Gather a community of citizens concerned by climate change by allowing them to interact via instagram.
3) What is the legal basis for the processing of User Data?
Data processing is only lawful if it is based on one of the legal basis defined by the Regulations. In the context of the operation of the Site, the Data processing is based on the following legal bases:
- If the User sends a request to veolia to write an article about ecological challenges: Veolia's legitimate interest.
- If the User sends a request to Veolia to subscribe to the newsletter: the consent of the person concerned.
4) Recipients of the Data collected
Data collected via the contact form is intended for authorized persons within the Communications Department responsible for responding to the User's request.
The Data may also be transferred/used by third parties under the following conditions:
- Data transferred to public authorities and/or bodies
In accordance with the Regulations in force, the Data may be transmitted to the competent authorities on request and in particular to public bodies, exclusively to meet legal obligations, judicial officers, ministerial officers and bodies responsible for collecting debts, as well as in the case of the search for the authors of offenses committed on the Internet.
- Data provided to third parties
The Data may be communicated or made accessible to the Publisher's subcontractors, suppliers and third-party service providers (such as the Site's host, Veolia's IT and/or technical service providers).
- Réseaux sociaux
The User has the possibility to share the pages he/she is interested in on social networks by clicking on the share buttons.
Exercise of User rights
In accordance with the Regulations, all individual Users have the right to access, rectify, delete, limit and port their personal Data.
The User also has the right to define general and specific directives defining the way in which he/she intends his/her rights to be exercised, after his/her death.
For all processing carried out within the framework of the Site, and only within this framework, regardless of the Entity responsible for processing, the User may exercise his rights,
- by writing to [email protected] or
- by post to: Veolia - Direction de la communication, 30, rue Madeleine-Vionnet, 93300 Aubervilliers
by sending proof of identity or any other official document.
In the event of any difficulty concerning the management of his Personal Data by the Publisher, the User may contact Veolia's Data Protection Officer (e-mail address: [email protected]). If the response from the DPO is not satisfactory, the User may submit a complaint by mail to the competent protection authority (in France: CNIL - 3, place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris Cedex 07) or online (https://www.cnil.fr/).
The Publisher reminds that the User may, for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of his Data.
It is specified that if the User exercises some of the above rights, the Publisher may be unable to carry out the actions necessary to achieve the purposes described above, or the User may not be able to use all or part of the Services.
The Editor is obliged to keep the Data collected from Users up to date. It is therefore recommended that the User inform the Publisher of any changes concerning him/her by sending an e-mail to the following address: [email protected].
Data retention and archiving
User Data will not be retained beyond the period strictly necessary for the purposes set out herein and in accordance with the Regulations. accordingly.
Data collected for the purpose of responding to article requests are kept for 18 months from the registration of the User's request.
Data collected for the purpose of responding to newsletter subscription requests are kept for the duration of the User's subscription.
The User Data will then be permanently deleted.
In addition, the Publisher may keep Data permanently anonymised, for the purpose of producing statistical studies. These studies do not identify Users, and are only based on trends derived from their aggregated Data.
The Publisher takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the Data and to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of the User Data. However, the Publisher cannot guarantee the elimination of any risk of misappropriation, alteration, unlawful reproduction or misuse of the Data.
The database created when a User sends a request through the webform is strictly confidential.Veolia undertakes to take all useful precautions, organizational and technical measures appropriate to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of the Data and, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Transfer of data outside the European Union
In the event of transfer of User Data to a subsidiary of the Veolia Group or to a third party located outside the European Union, Veolia ensures that the recipient country has been the subject of an adequacy decision by the European Commission. If this is not the case, Veolia undertakes to use the appropriate legal instruments, in particular the European Commission's Standard Model Contractual Clauses.
If the User wishes to obtain more information on how Veolia protects its Data or wishes to obtain a copy of the legal instruments implemented, the User may send a request to the following address: [email protected].